We always urge our patients with missing teeth to seek solutions as soon as possible. Without treatment, tooth loss can be dangerous for your smile’s health and stability. What makes tooth loss such a danger for your smile? Find out in today’s quiz!
Try Our Quiz on Tooth Loss and Oral Health
- True or False: Missing teeth can lead to misalignment.
- True or False: Gaps in your smile can cause an older appearance.
- True or False: Missing teeth can impact your ability to eat.
- True or False: We can offer solutions to missing teeth!
- True. When we lose one or more teeth, the surrounding teeth can drift due to the gap in the smile. Soon, misalignment can form, which makes thorough brushing and flossing difficult and increases the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Uneven smiles also place pressure on the jaw joints, boosting the chances of developing TMJ disorder or bruxism.
- True. When the body registers a missing tooth root, it suspends the flow of nutrients to the jawbone which can result in tooth loss.
- True. Losing your teeth can eventually cause you to mainly subsist on a diet of soft foods, depriving your body of essential nutrients and preventing you form enjoying your favorite foods.
- True. To prevent misalignment and allow you to eat a variety of foods, we can provide bridges, dentures, and dental implants. With dental implants, we can also stimulate the growth of jawbone tissue, preventing an older appearance and further tooth loss. If you have any questions or concerns about missing teeth or our replacement options, then contact our team today.
Have You Lost a Tooth?
At Brighton Family Dental Group, we can offer lifelike solutions to tooth loss. You can schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Villani or Dr. Kondrat by reaching out to our office at (617) 562-5210. We are proud to offer a range of dental services to patients from Brighton, Watertown, Cambridge, Brookline, Newton, and all neighboring communities.